October 13, 2013
The WPPSI-IV is the latest edition of the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence. The primary differences between the third edition and the fourth edition is that the WPPSI-IV eliminated the word reasoning and picture completion subtests and added 5 subtests (bug search, animal coding, cancellation, picture memory and zoo locations).
1. Bug Search: This subtest is similar to the symbol search subtest that it replaced in WPPSI-III. The child must find the target image among a group of images. However, instead of using a pencil, the child uses an ink stamp.
2. Animal Coding subtest is also similar to the coding subtest in WPPSI-III. The child uses an ink stamp to mark items associated with each animal.
3. Cancellation is similar to the WISC-IV subtest. Child must only stamp articles of clothing that are on the page in a random or structured order.
4. Picture Memory: child views pictures for 3-5 second and then must locate the picture among a larger group of images.
5. Zoo Locations: Child views locations of animal cards for 3-5 seconds and then must put the cards in the correct locations on a layout.
Please note that many schools are still accepting WPPSI-III scores. Please check with the school to determine which test your child will be required to take.
Get over 1,000 practice exercises for the WPPSI-IV, developed by educational psychologists here.
The fourth edition of Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-IV) is a test used to measure the i...
With so many acronyms out there and different testing methods available for children, it's easy to get them confused ...
The WPPSI™ (Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence™) and the WISC® (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Chi...
December 15, 2017
September 11, 2017
September 10, 2017
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …