February 25, 2016
The fifth edition of the Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children® (WISC®-V) is the latest version of one of the most widely used intelligence tests for children. If your child needs to take this test soon, you'll want to take a look at these practice questions.
1. Which one of the numbered boxes goes in the box with the question mark?
2. The shape below is a completed puzzle. Which three shapes go together to make this puzzle?
3. Which one of these (point to the answer choices) weighs the same as this (point to the right side of the scale with the question mark)?
The best way to get your child prepared for this test is to expose him to lots of practice. Our Preparation Kit for the WISC-V includes 1000+ practice questions written by a team of psychologists. Order now and get access to our Online Academy!
1) This is a serial matrix reasoning question. The correct answer is 1. Each set of squares is rotated counterclockwise.
2) This is a "visual puzzle." The correct answer is 2, 4, 6.
3) This type of question is called "figure weights." On the left side of first scale we see 2 orange rectangles + 2 yellow circles + 1 blue triangle are equal in weight to 1 orange rectangle + 1 yellow circle + 1 blue square. When we use the process of cancellation to "cancel out" identical shapes on the left and right sides of the first scale, we can deduce that 1 blue square = 1 blue triangle + 1 orange rectangle + 1 yellow circle. Therefore looking at the second scale we can deduce that 1 orange rectangle + 1 blue square = 1 orange rectangle + 1 blue triangle + 1 orange rectangle + 1 yellow circle. So the answer is #4.
The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children® Fifth Edition/WISC®-V is a registered trademark of NCS Pearson Inc. Test Tutor Publishing is not affiliated with or related to NCS Pearson Inc. or its affiliates. NCS Pearson does not sponsor or endorse Test Tutor Publishing products or services. Test Tutor Publishing's products and services have not been reviewed, certified or approved by NCS Pearson. Trademarks referring to specific test providers are used by Test Tutor Publishing for nominative purposes only and such trademarks are solely the property of their respective owners.
May 04, 2017
May 01, 2017
August 08, 2016
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …